Songwriters may join MAS as an "associate" member. This is a one-year-only membership for those who are already members of an existing songwriter group in their local area (anywhere in America), but outside the Twin Cities metropolitan area. This “trial run” membership rate is designed to enable associates to experience most of the programs offered by the Minnesota Association of Songwriters for one year.
You may apply for Associate Membership under the following circumstances:
1. You are a songwriter who participates with a songwriting group in your local residential area (outside the eleven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area).
2. The associate membership would give you most of the rights and privileges of MAS membership for a period of one year, which includes:
• Two meetings per month
• A monthly song circle
• Knowledgeable face-to-face reviews at meetings
• Knowledgeable and personal online reviews if you cannot regularly attend meetings
• Live, public-performance showcases throughout the year
• Regular email notifications about events of interest to songwriters
• Member music on our MAS Internet radio station
• Music streaming from the organization's web site
• Discounts with participating merchants
• Personal Internet profile and photograph
• Networking and/or co-writing with member songwriters
NOTE: This does not include participation in the Minnesingers public-access television program.
3. The fee for the one-year associate program is $20.
NOTE: The associate membership does not provide free access to MAS activities that regular MAS members must pay for; e.g., professional workshops, cover charges for MAS-sponsored house concerts, literature, etc.
4. Participation after completion of the one-year associate membership may continue at the regular membership rate. Regular one-year memberships are $35. Other rates are also available.
RETURN TO "JOIN MAS" PAGE