Minnesota Association of Songwriters Mission Statement
The Minnesota Association of Songwriters is a volunteer, member-supported organization. Its mission is to inspire, educate and strengthen the songwriting and performance skills of its members through seminars, workshops, review meetings, showcases and networking opportunities, while encouraging collaboration and exploration of the creative process.
What We Do...
MAS offers many ways to explore the joys of songwriting and the creative process:
- SongCasters TV showcase series: Perform your original songs in a television production studio and be seen on the MAS SongCasters show via community TV and on YouTube.
- Live artist showcases – Be part of our MAS Songwriters Showcase and perform your original music with other MAS members at various greater Twin Cities coffee houses, special event stages and outdoor festival locations.
- Virtual song evaluations – sign up via email to the MAS online song evaluations group and get reviews and suggestions from other online group members.
- Monthly Song Circle Jam sessions
- Networking and collaboration opportunities
- Gatherings to exchange information and resources
- Your own artist profile page on this website. Add your bio, schedule of performances, links to your social media, files of your songs, photos - you name it. It's your page to create with any and all information on your songwriting endeavors.
MAS Facebook Feed
MAS Twitter Feed
Wednesday, October 31
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Schmitt Music Center
2400 Freeway Blvd
General information and song reviews meeting. It's Halloween night so feel free to come in costume! Please bring 15 lyric sheets of the song you will be performing for review.
PLEASE JOIN US!
Professional Songwriting Workshop with Buddy Mondlock
Open to the Public
Saturday, November 3
1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Schmitt Music Center
2906 West 66th St
Fee: $40.00 - at the door
$35.00 - If you RSVP to info @mnsongwriters.org
All information and song samples that appear on this site are protected by US Copyright law, are used here with permission of the copyright holder(s), and may not legally be used for any other purpose without their expressed written consent.
For more information, please E Mail Us