Our Mission Statement: The Minnesota Association of Songwriters is a volunteer, member-supported organization. Its mission is to inspire, educate and strengthen the songwriting and performance skills of its members through seminars, workshops, review meetings, showcases and networking opportunities, while encouraging collaboration and exploration of the creative process.
Hi Songwriters. Many of you are as concerned about the weather, as we are. We are going to postpone the Melody Workshop on Thursday, April 11. I am very bummed about this MN weather. I was looking forward to this workshop! I am going to see if we can do it next week instead. We will send out updates ASAP on our plan. Thanks for understanding. – Chad
See Our Artist Profiles
Visit our MAS Artist Profiles for bios, contact info, audio samples, videos, pics, music/social links and gig schedules.
Join MAS Now
Join MAS to get a start or a boost with your songwriting and presentation skills, and to help mentor others in the pleasure and business of making music.
What We Do...
MAS offers many ways to explore the joys of songwriting and the creative process:
- SongCasters TV showcase series: Perform your original songs in a television production studio and be seen on the MAS SongCasters show via community TV and on YouTube.
- Live artist showcases – Be part of our MAS Songwriters Showcase and perform your original music with other MAS members at various greater Twin Cities coffee houses, special event stages and outdoor festival locations.
- Virtual song evaluations – sign up via email to the MAS online song evaluations group and get reviews and suggestions from other online group members.
- Monthly Song Circle Jam sessions
- Networking and collaboration opportunities
- Gatherings to exchange information and resources
- Your own artist profile page on this website. Add your bio, schedule of performances, links to your social media, files of your songs, photos - you name it. It's your page to create with any and all information on your songwriting endeavors.
- Membership E-Mail Distribution List and MAS Newsletter and Announcements List
MAS Facebook Feed
MAS Twitter Feed
Want to write a last-minute song? Minnesota HomeBrew Music Show is looking for newly-written submissions for this Thursday's show. Theme is Beatles. Songs about The Beatles, songs sounding like the Beatles, songs using a Beatles' titles. E-mail to minnesotahomebrew @gmail.com
MAS members--group rate ticket prices for "Rain-A Tribute to the Beatles - The Best of Abbey Road Performed Live" for Saturday, April 13 show at 8 p.m., State Theater in Mpls. Special ticket price is $55.50 for main floor seats. To order tickets, e-mail info @mnsongwriters.org.
All information and song samples that appear on this site are protected by US Copyright law, are used here with permission of the copyright holder(s), and may not legally be used for any other purpose without their expressed written consent.
For more information, please E Mail Us