“This is a once in a lifetime chance for many songwriters, and not just our members either. And at the online workshop rate we are able to set, it’s a no-brainer. I’m crossing fingers we’ll have enough spaces in our online room” – Brad Dunsé, MAS Vice President
Award-Winning, Songwriting Hall of Fame Nominee Spends the Entire Day Online with You Sharing as Much Songwriting Knowledge as He Can Get In
If that’s not enough, try Neal McCoy, John Michael Montgomery, Collin Raye, Peter Frampton, Waylon Jennings, Mark Wills, Peter Paul and Mary…
And we’re just warming up the list.
The low rate we’ve worked out for you!
We’re so excited to bring legendary Steve Seskin online and into your home for a one-time only, all-day songwriting workshop on Saturday, January 16, 2021. We'll start at 9:00 AM CDT, and continue with breaks and lunch until 5:00 PM CDT.)
And we’ve worked out such a low rate, even if you couldn’t stay all day, it’s a steal of a deal!
Workshop fees with Steve have been known to start in the hundreds of dollars.
He’s that good.
Look online, even a one-on-one is $125.
You’re getting Steve for an entire day for as little as…
- $50 for MAS members.
- $85 for non-MAS members.
Take advantage of our special MAS Welcome package deal for just $75.
If you’re not a member of MAS and want in on all the things we do? Get a one-year membership to the Minnesota Association of Songwriters plus your all-day pass with Steve Seskin for only $75.
Here are some things Steve will cover.
- How to put imagery in your song, but magically keeping emotion at the same time.
- Dial you into which writing tools will make you a better songwriter.
- Disclose which of the eight different perspectives your song’s character should use to make your song pop.
- What is the most powerful way to tell a story in your song.
- Dive into more complex ways to use perspective to bring out the most emotion.
Steve will share where his personal inspiration for song ideas comes from. Insights which let him pen the songs picked up by the household artists mentioned above.
And once you know it, simply use it for your own songwriting genius.
One of the best workshops around.
“…yours was one of the best workshops I've ever had the privilege to attend. You have a real gift, not only for songwriting itself but for communicating and instructing. You also are so very diplomatic in the critiques, finding strengths as well as areas to improve. I came away from your workshop encouraged and motivated. That is a real credit to you. I would attend classes with you again in a minute. Your sense of humor is a delight.” –Joanne J.
Steve’s built more in the plan for you. Things like…
- Methods you’ll use to effectively jump start your creativity, rather than waiting for it to fall from the sky.
- How to not just use your own life, but use emotional moments as catalysts to inspire you.
- What is meant by, “A great writer never lets the facts get in the way of the truth.”
- How to choose an appropriate melody that milks the emotion you want a listener to feel.
- Find out how music can actually change the meaning of a lyric.
- earn which two elements you can use to effectively squeeze your lyric for all it’s worth.
You’ve heard about hooks and payoffs in a song, right?
But do you know the difference between the two?
And is there a difference?
You’ll find out on January 16, 2021. Seskin-style.
Will this be your breakthrough?
“After hearing you talk I HAD A HUGE BREAKTHROUGH with my writing. It was the breakthrough I've been waiting for. I've taken a million classes and workshops, but in two nights, you made it all clear to me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. You changed my writing FOREVER!!! Everything I've written since meeting you has blown people away. You and your music have touched us all.” –Kim L.
The day brings even more songwriting genius.
- Find out where and how to place lyrics so they are more powerful and memorable to your listener.
- Delve into the power of fiction and examine what’s really important to your song.
- Know when a song is done, or when it’s wise to give it a rest and come back.
- Learn one simple technique Steve does every day with his writing to give himself more choices in his lyrics.
- Explore the different ways of approaching rewriting.
- Discover Steve’s personal insight, and critical differences, between writing and rewriting.
- Learn how tone and ideas come together to make… or break your song.
As you can see, just from what is listed here… this is a jam-packed songwriting workshop.
Plus, Steve will be evaluating a few lucky attendee’s songs, showing what worked and what didn’t work, based off what you learned during the day’s lessons.
That means a few folks, maybe you, will get a song evaluated by award-winning songwriter, Steve Seskin!
This is our first all-day online workshop event. We’re promoting it fairly well.
We have limited space in the room, so if you want in, we recommend signing up right now.
When it’s full, it’s full.
See you on January 16, 2021!
Workshop registration closed
Note: You are not required to open a PayPal account in order to use our payment system. After clicking on "Check out with PayPal" you can select "Pay with Debit or Credit Card." PayPal can process Mastercard, Discover VISA and AMEX. If you would like to pay with your PayPal account, click on "Log into PayPal".