You’ve been busy writing. We love it!
And we’re happy to help you get feedback on your song.
To have a song reviewed, we'll need a minimum of a lyric sheet.
If you have music for it, you can either play it live in the room, or submit an audio file of it with your lyrics. If you want to play it live we suggest viewing this YouTube video to easily enable Zoom to better represent your song.
Now, to get feedback, follow the simple guidelines listed below.
- If you haven’t done so, download and get familiar with our lyric formatting guide.
- Format your lyric sheet according to the above guide. Note: We cannot accept lyric sheets with chords, numbers, or extraneous notation. This prohibits us from sharing your song online efficiently.
- Save your lyric sheet in an .RTF file type. (in one page if possible). We can only accept RTF file types at this time so everyone can view them on a Mac or Windows computer.
- Your audio may be submitted in MP3 or M4A file types (20MB limit).
- Name your lyric file using the below syntax…Your Name-Song Title-review.Rtfe.g. John Smith-The Girl is Mine-review.rtf
- Name your audio file similar as above…e.g. John Smith-The Girl is Mine-review.mp3
Once you’ve done the above, simply submit your song using the form we’ve provided below.
A few things to note.
- Songs are reviewed in the order they are received.
- You must be present in the online session to have your song reviewed.
- We do not record the sessions, so be prepared to take notes.
- We will accept more than one song submission of two different songs. However, your second submission will be reviewed once all attendees with songs have had their first review, and time allows.
- We will accept one song submission per song. If you re-submit we will review your first entry. So , please do not submit then re-write and re-submit.
Submissions which do not meet the above may not be reviewed.
We hope you understand the need for the above guides. It helps minimize volunteer’s time, give you the most efficient song review, and gives equal opportunity to your fellow songwriter.
Ready to submit your song?
Fill out the below form… and you’re in.